June 30 Industry Round Table Event: Financial Services
July 21 Industry Round Table Event: STEM
7/30-8/2 ALPFA National Convention Event – Las Vegas, NV.
Sep Leadership Summit: Digital Labor / AI / Robotics
Oct Industry Round Table Event: Blockchain
Nov Veterans Connect Event
Dec Holiday Toy Drive and Networking Event
Dec ALPFA OC Gala Event
* Note: dates and events subject to change
- This event has passed.
Orange County Diversity Council – June 2017 Meeting
June 13, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am PDT
The Orange County Diversity Council welcomes you to join their monthly meeting on June 13th, 2017 from 8:30am to 10:30am.
The topic for this unique Round Table event is “Moving Beyond Cultural Competence”. For years, research has addressed strong leaders in the workplace as being “culturally sensitive” or “culturally aware.” While these are admirable qualities in leaders, cultural awareness and sensitivity are simply not enough for exceptional leadership. We will explore the opportunity for leaders and organizations to build a bigger standard of success as we transform our diversity and inclusion efforts, individually, and collectively.
Today it feels as if our differences, rather than similarities are the focus of much human interaction these days. A quick glance at a news feed, a walk down the streets viewing protesters, or a glance at social media creates lunch room, dinner table and water cooler chatter which can have an underlying precarious nature leaving folks feeling worried about what to say, or how words or actions may or may not offend those around them. We therefore invite you to join us for as we explore the following:
- The definition of cultural awareness, cultural adaptivity, and all steps in between
- The spectrum from cultural awareness to cultural adaptivity and what that means for individual leaders and organizations
- Inclusivity practices and policies of industry leaders – highlighting the LGBTq community
- How to create a platform for discussion and brainstorming to address challenges associated with becoming culturally adaptive and integrating it into leadership
This event will be presented in conjunction with FutureSense and ALPFA, the Association of Latino Professionals For America.
Presenters will include Sheila Repeta, Senior Consultant from Future Sense, Veronica Coffie, Managing Director at KPMG, and more.
To learn more and attend, please RSVP online here: Orange-County-Diversity-Council-June-Meeting-tickets
or email: email@example.com