California’s Great America has an opening in its Finance Division for Manager of Accounting – Santa Clara, CA (Bay Area – Silicone Valley). This position will report to the Director of Finance.
JOB FUNCTIONS SUMMARY:
Performs weekly/monthly close including preparing journal entries, reconciling all Bank accounts, BS accounts and updating schedules. Uploads budget weekly/monthly. Performs Tax Reporting: Tax Returns, Sales Tax Payments, Business Tax, Tourism Tax. Assists Director with annual budget. Prepares audit schedules for YE. Ensures prepaid & amortization schedules are maintained accurately. Supervises Accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for oversight and proper controls over Year-end inventory process. Works with Merchandise team to establish timing and audits ensuring accurate inventory and cost of sales adjustment
• Assists Director of Finance with Company wide Budgeting process. Prepares Quarter-end Year-end schedules as requested by Corporate
• Assists with preparing tax schedules such as tax returns and tax payments, business tax and tourism tax. Answers questions from Internal Auditors and External Auditors. Prepares YE Audit Schedules as requested by Director, Corporate and Auditors
• Supervises staff accountant; specialist, accounts payable; and specialist payroll/accounts receivable
• Ensures financial statements are prepared timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP. Prepares weekly/monthly Journal Entries. Works closely with other accounting staff and corporate to ensure payments and accruals amounts are accurate in accordance with GAAP and company policy. Responsible for reconciliation of all bank accounts. Responsible for updating schedules for deferred revenue, royalties, prepaids, accruals, worker’s comp, and public liability insurance. Generates general ledger detail reports for the directors. Updates weekly/month actual numbers to budget system.
• Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
• Other duties may be assigned.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at jobs.cedarfair.com
Last Day of Consideration: 10/31/18