ALPFAOC sponsor/partner – Job Opportunity Post (4/15/18)
Employer: Bedrosians Tile & Stone
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the President
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
Vision Statement for the Position
As Executive Assistant to the President you are an excellent writer, scheduler, and communicator. You pay close attention to detail and demonstrate a high level of organization through use of excel spreadsheets and prioritizing tasks. You think ahead, have good judgment, strict confidentiality, and anticipate the needs of the company ensuring that all business trips, meetings, and presentations go as planned. You are a reliable and resourceful asset to the President diligently and independently completing projects.
In 1948, Bedrosians began providing tile and setting materials to contractors and builders in Central California. Today we have nearly 40 branches located throughout California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, North Carolina, and Florida with a national and international customer base. Our growth has made Bedrosians one of the largest independent porcelain tile and stone importers and distributors in the United States.
Our vision is to be the most customer-centric tile company in the United States. Our mission is to offer clients a place to buy the most trend-setting tile and stone products available in the market through a seamless purchasing experience.
We value and practice social responsibility; encourage employee development; care about employee and customer relationships; and love to acknowledge good work.
The Executive Assistant to the President reports directly to the President and provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison for senior management teams, organizing and coordinating executive outreach and external relations efforts, and overseeing special projects.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the president’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with team members and others on matters related to the President’s programmatic initiatives.
• Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the President to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense of the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Assists all management members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all management
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
• Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
• Ensures the President’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
• Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
• Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the President’s outreach activities
• Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
• Any other duties required of this position
• Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external partners
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Bedrosians is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting does not constitute an offer of employment and is not an employment contract.
To be considered for this position,
please submit your application through the Bedrosians Tile & Stone Careers page: https://bedrosians.applicantpro.com/jobs/